Saturday, January 31, 2015

An Out of the Blue Ernie

In the past week lamented that I didn't own a Ernie Banks card. While going through some cards tonight attempting to get organized I found out that I was mistaken.



That a 1958 Topps All-Star. It appears that someone had this card taped to the wall. Other than that it's in great shape. I love the colors on this specific subset; the blue background is about as flashy as 1950s Topps ever got.

Ernie holds a special place in my heart. Not only was he Mr. Cub, but he always spent the first four years of his career here in Kansas City with the Monarchs.

I'm certainly glad that I had that I picked this up, even if I didn't remember that I had it.

1 comment:

  1. That's a great one. The '58 set doesn't do much for me, but the All-Star cards are great.

    ReplyDelete