Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Golden Cubs

I'm not sure what the blog shelf life for Series 1 posts are, but I'm hoping this one will be alright because I'm showing off gold cards. This is my Cubs team, fresh from @brettandbecca's 75+ case break.


I said in my previous post that I'd like to put together the entire gold set. That's probably not possible on my budget, but I'm definitely going to pick them up when I see them. The gold fingerprint looks cool, and the triangles are really sharp. It's small stuff, I know, but when you've seen plain white/gold borders for so long anything that's different is going to be instantly appealing. I think that the nearly unanimous approval of this set is evidence of how much people want to like flagship. Now if they could just pull back a little bit on the mind-numbing inserts... maybe next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment